Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Getting a tweet favorited from #PitchCB

After submitting my submission package to the agent that favored my tweet from #PitchCB - I woke up this morning, and thought - I'm not going to obsess over continually looking over my manuscript today. I'm not going to revise anything, and beat myself up about the writing.

Then, I'm in the hospital (my day job) lab, waiting to get some blood drawn, and I see on a twitter feed article - that 2,000 tweets were posted during #PitchCB and only 100 got favored.

I had a OMG WTF moment, sitting in the oversized blood-draw chair. All the while, the lab tech drains six vials of blood out of my veins.

All before 7:30 am.

So - even though I was left with minimal amounts of blood flowing in my body, I could still smile the long walk down the hospital corridor - to my office.

Oh wait, it gets better.

I launch my computer, after checking the usual emails that flood my work inbox, I grab my iPhone, checking the personal gmail account. Only to find an email from the agent that I submitted,  just last night.

I was convinced she was going to say, thanks - it's a pass.

That wasn't the case at all.

She wrote a very pleasant email. Something along these lines, Tina- looking forward to reading this! (with an actual exclamation point)  Needless to say, you have a great pitch. 

I seriously can't even believe it, still - almost eight hours later.

The funny thing is, I've used that tweet in #pitmad, and received zero favorites. The only reason I thought to go with the tweet was it had the most retweets from other followers, peers, writer friends, etc.. *high fives all around to the re-tweeters!

Even if nothing comes of the submission, the encouragement the agent gave me (and the writing community for the retweets during #pitmad #PitchCB) - gives me enough confidence to keep going, and never give up! Hopeful for the day I get an agent, and they will love my story as I do.

Honestly, I almost gave up and didn't send the tweet ....

#PitchCB Teen girl has second shot at life after mysterious boy kisses her back to existence. Is the second kiss fatal? #YA #UrbanFantasy








5 comments:

  1. Hi Tina, I also received a favorite from #PitchCB, and I had excatly the same reaction when I saw the ratio of tweets posted and tweets favorited! Good luck to us both I reckon...and may the force be with you lol

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your favorite. Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)

      Yes, best of luck to us! I heart Luke Skywalker!! lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Tina and well done. I had the same reaction to my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the favorite! so cool for you (us) and thanks for commenting on my blog! :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete